- How far in advance should athletes order their competition suit?
We recommend that athletes order their competition suits as soon as they have decided to compete. Generally this is a minimum of 6-8 weeks out.
- How much should an athlete budget for a competition suit?
Athletes should budget a minimum of $250.00 for bikini competition suits and a minimum of $500.00 for figure, physique or fitness competition suits. This budget can increase based on how intricate the crystal design pattern is.
- When is the best time to pick up a completed competition suit before an upcoming show?
Due to extreme weight loss, depletion and a wide range of physical changes that take place up until the day of a competition, we request that athletes pick up their completed competition suit(s) one week before their show.
- Will KHP Designs alter competition suits made from a different designer?
For quality assurance, KHP Designs does not alter any competition suits made by other designers.
- Does KHP Designs rent competition suits?
For hygienic reasons and in order to provide a custom product, KHP Designs does not rent competition suits.
- What is the difference between swarovski crystals and glass rhinestones?
Pure Glass does not contain a lead element and therefore, will not reflect light and make scintillating colours like crystal does. When lead oxide is added to glass, crystal is produced. The lead enhances the sparkle of the crystal and helps to reflect the colors better than pure glass. Swarovski (Swore-off-ski) is recognized as the highest quality, machine cut and polished crystal manufacturer in the industry. The height, width and slope are perfectly uniform for all Swarovski crystals.When you are standing under the bright lights on stage, judges are not just looking at your physique but also the cut, fit, sparkle and shine of your competition suit. For this reason we always use Swarovski crystal rhinestones.